Van Driver - Edinburgh
Job Reference: 26076
As the UK's leading equipment rental company, with 190+ Service Centres nationwide and over 3,700 dedicated employees, it's fair to say we pride ourselves on providing excellent service to over 30,000 customers. We offer years of expertise, certified training, a range of added value services and most importantly, a total commitment to ensuring safety at all times.
If you want to work for a company who are fast becoming THE employer of choice in the rental industry and who can offer you great career progression, then apply NOW!!
Please note applications via agencies will not be considered.
Are you ready for your next career move to a company that really values your contribution and can offer you award-winning training opportunities? Then join our friendly team at PSS Hire, the market leading specialist supplier of products and services to the utilities, civil engineering, pipeline, infrastructure and associated sectors. We are also part of the FTSE 100 company Ashtead A-Plant Hire Group plc, the second largest equipment rental company in the world.
Roles and responsibilities
We now have a fantastic opportunity for a van driver to be based from our Bathgate Service Centre where you’ll play a key role in Depot operations, helping us to deliver on our promise of quality products and services on time, every time for our customers.
Your duties will include:
- The delivery and collection of plant hire equipment, adhering to all health and safety guidelines.
- You may be required to demonstrate the item’s operation to customers, so training to a good standard of knowledge of all PSS equipment will be given.
- The completion of any relevant checks and related administration when delivering and collecting equipment.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that all Company vehicles are driven safely, professionally and within the law at all times.
- As the public face of PSS you will be well-presented, communicate professionally with customers on site and promote the positive image of the business
- Compliance with current H&S legislation and Company specific health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
Hours of work: Monday – Friday, with hours in line with Tachograph Laws and Working time Directive
If you join us we’ll provide you with a comprehensive company induction and training programme and work with you to identify and support your personal development needs.
What you’ll need to bring from day one:
- Good communication skills with the ability to influence and represent the Company in a positive manner.
- You will be a fully competent driver with a clean driving licence, including category C1E
- A tachograph driver card is essential
- You will be numerate, articulate and have immaculate attention to detail
- It would be desirable if you are an experienced, hands-on candidate and hold relevant qualifications including IOSH, First Aid, CSCS
In return, we can offer a competitive salary and flexible reward package including generous holiday allowance, life assurance and a great Company pension scheme.
A-Plant are an accredited Living Wage Employer.