World's Largest Butt Fusion Hire Fleet
At PSS HIRE, we offer a complete range of equipment for automatic butt fusion welding from 63mm - 1200mm. In fact, we offer the largest fleet of butt fusion equipment in the world from leading manufacturers including McElroy, Ritmo and Fusion Equipment. With over 300 machines available in the fleet, every machine completes a full test weld as part of the pre-hire inspection, providing confidence in equipment being delivered in optimum condition. What’s more, all joint data is downloaded and stored for future use.
Completing Butt Fusion Projects Safely and Efficiently
Many of our customers need to complete butt fusion welding for the fusion joining of polyethylene gas and water pipes. For this process to be completed safely and efficiently, it’s absolutely vital that specialist equipment is used. For instance, welding machines need to have sufficient structural strength and hydraulic capacity to achieve high pressure parameters in a safe manner.
Only McElroy Certified Rental Company in Europe
We are very proud to have been a distributor of McElroy equipment for 15 years and to be the only McElroy certified rental company across Europe. Being McElroy certified ensures that we not only use genuine spare parts, but our factory-trained team also adheres to a stringent set of maintenance requirements to ensure performance to McElroy’s expectations. All machine parts are checked from top to bottom, including electrics, hydraulics and more.
It goes without saying that there are a multitude of different butt fusion machines available on the market, but choosing rental equipment supplied by a McElroy certified company ensures that the machine you hire is properly maintained and ready to perform.
Our butt fusion range includes:
- Fully automatic powered all terrain wheeled machines manufactured by Ritmo from 250mm-630mm across two different machine sizes. Designed to face the toughest of conditions, the range includes the Ritmo All Terrain 630 model which can climb terrain with gradients up to 30%
- Fully automatic tracked machines by McElroy from 90mm-900mm across five different sizes of machine. Our Automatic TracStar fusion machines are often preferred on job sites fusing due to their ease of manoeuvrability and freedom of movement. With fusion capabilities of 125mm to 900mm polyethylene pipe, there's a TracStar for a variety of pipe sizes
- Semi-automatic machines MegaMc 1648 from 800mm-1200mm complete with bespoke data loggers and computers. In our fleet we have two of only three machines of this type in the UK!
- In trench equipment from McElroy and Fusion Equipment
- Full range of ancillary equipment such as internal debeaders, external debeaders, bead diagnostic instruments, rollers, generators and more.
The PSS HIRE team has accumulated hundreds of years’ experience of best practice in the utilities sector and the safe use of equipment. Our dedicated PSS Projects team also provides specialist knowledge for large diameter polyethylene pipe projects. We can help you overcome specific project challenges, whilst maximising safety and efficiency on-site. As well as providing rental equipment, we can also provide specialist training and have an extensive fleet of 3.5 ton vans and HGV’s to ensure safe transportation of equipment.