Job Reference: 23861
As the UK's leading equipment rental company, with 185+ Service Centres nationwide and 3,600 dedicated employees, it's fair to say we pride ourselves on providing excellent services to our 30,000 customers. We offer years of expertise, certified training, a range of added value services and most importantly, a total commitment to ensuring safety at all times.
If you want to work for a company who are fast becoming THE employer of choice in the rental industry and who can offer you great career progression, then apply NOW!!
A Fitter is required to join the UK's leading hire equipment organisation. We form part of Ashtead Group which is a FTSE 100 and can offer excellent training opportunities with great scope for progression, supporting you throughout your career.
Roles and responsibilities
Duties will include delivery and collection of plant equipment with possible demonstrations to customers.
You will be required to complete relevant vehicle and equipment checks and complete the relevant administration. You may be required to work in the depot or on the customers site.
You will be responsible for -
- Maintenance, repair and statutory compliance of specialise utility equipment in the PSS product range
- Capture and identify machine damage
- Ensure clear lines of communication are maintained with both Manager and customer
- Ensure the workplace and working environment is kept to a high standard and in-line with company procedures and processes
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive service and maintenance records
- Assist work colleagues as and when required
To be considered for this role, we're looking for someone who is:
- Able to work as part of a Team
- Flexible and keep to embrace new training opportunities, which may on occasion require staying away
- Customer Focused
- A knowledge of specialist utility equipment would be advantageous, however product training will be offered
- Basic electrical, hydraulic and diesel system knowledge and fault-finding experience
- Welding experience would be ideal
- Effective planning and organisation skills with strong attention to detail
In return, we can offer a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance, life assurance and inclusion into the Company pension scheme.